Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Fry everything, oh yes you can

It starts here.
Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, beats a State or County Fair!  Just say those words aloud in a conversation, and see what happens.  Everyone has a memory of a trip to the FAIR.

I believe our memories are firmly anchored by the odors and scents that come with the State/County Fair visit.  Whether it is the walk-throughs of the cow, pig, goat, or sheep stalls or the multiple stops at the food vendor courts, our sense of smell locks in the memories of going-to-the-State-Fair.


So it is with great pleasure, I bring you Fried Foods at the Fair!
These foods go beyond unhealthy or indecently pleasurable. These deep-fat fried foods venture into a realm of absolutely unique.  Here is a minimum list of currently-on-the-menu at different fairs:


 Fried Cola             Fried Margarita    Fried watermelon 
                                          
                        Fried Energy Drink
Fried mac and cheese; cheese on a burger with cheese, on a Krispy Crème Donut topped with chocolate covered bacon---it is all there.

Fried Scorpions   Fried Captain crunch burgers  
          
fried butter
             
           

Need I go on?  These adventurous food vendors spend years on experimenting with new ideas.  Who knows what we will see at the next fair, and absolutely have to try?

I have my nose, eyes, and tastebuds ready for Fried Red Velvet Funnel Cake with Cream Cheese topping.

Now, what would you seek in this world of heart attack foods?


This is a blog from 2012.  Since I will be absent from the blog world I decided to dredge some old posts.  I'll see y'all when we return from hugging and kissing my grandsons.

8 comments:

  1. There's not a single thing on that list I would even contemplate eating. Picture me shuddering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine the stalls creating a lasting smell haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, maybe just one bite - followed up with three Lipitor pills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful time with the grand babies. Our fairs don't start 'til September. For some reason the smell wafting from the food stalls just makes me naseaous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with River and only slightly confused here. Bleah. No temptation and a queasy feeling.
    Enjoy your time with the grands.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The scary thing is, I've seen the booths for all of the foods you mentioned. I say "the booths" because I wasn't crazy enough to try them. They don't even look appetizing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fried butter? For real? *gags* No thank you. =)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!