Sunday, August 6, 2017

Oh, the shark bit, with his teeth bare...

Bobby Darin on Andy Williams Show in 1970

Today has been a Sharknado fest, all shows one through five. Each one has escalated from mildly amusing with bad puns to silly oh-come-on plots and simple special effects. Lots of movie references, including Wizard of Oz, Terminator, and so many. But clever, it is clever.

#1 took place in Malibu and moved inland to LA, stopped only by Fin Shepherd   A mysterious cyclone seems to suck up all the sharks in creation and drop them randomly. Fin manages to save his family and much of LA.

#2 is Sharknado: The Second One, which takes place in New York. This is where Fin discovers his talent with a massive chainsaw.

#3: Oh Hell No! which starts in DC and travels down eastern seaboard.


Five minutes condensed funny scenes.  Silly, yes.

#4: Sharknado: The 4th Awakens! a play on Star Wars: The Force Awakens. David Hasselhoff is a key hero here, not a competent one. This starts in Las Vegas (Wayne Newton!) and moves on. I think it takes out Hoover Dam and Grand Canyon.

#5: This one is Global Swarming: Make America Bait Again! This one had a high budget, being filmed in five countries. It takes out Yellowstone, Mt. Rushmore, so far. It is still running.

Why is this series still on? Why haven't I gone shopping? What am I doing here?

My husband has the remove remote duct taped to his hand.  I don't drive anymore. My computer is in the TV room.

I am just waiting for Game of Thrones to come on. It at least makes sense.

24 comments:

  1. I have never watched the program but from what I hear, it makes people laugh, and that's not bad. However, I don't think I could stand the stupidity of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you accept how ridiculous everything is, then you can relax and enjoy.

      Delete
  2. Aha! Someone else's husband who bogarts the controls! Wouldn't do me any good anyway, even if I could pry them out of his hand, as all those buttons confuse me (what happened to the two button system one for 'off' and one for 'on?') If I was in charge it would be Pandora or silence, though Netflix is nice....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you remember the days when one had to actually get out of a chair, walk over to the TV, and turn channels off and on? No channel surfing was available, and we usually had 4 to 12 channels anyway.

      Delete
  3. Yikes! I wouldn't like the energy company deciding when my air needed to be turned off.
    That teapot is amazing!
    Have a cool one.
    ตารางคะแนนพรีเมียร์ลีก

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that teapot and admire whoever came up with that creation!

      Delete
  4. I've heard the word Sharknado and that's all I know about it. That's as much as I want to know about it.
    I've never watched Game of Thrones. I have season one on a dvd somewhere, but I think I'll wait until the whole thing ends and then borrow the set from my daughter to watch from beginning to end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, that would work for me. But, we have joined the fan-dom and breathlessly wait from one week to another.

      Delete
  5. The first was bad fun, sort of, but I couldn't continue. RiffTrax even had a go at the series but it was too much even for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the series grew quickly and puns/movie references delivered nicely.

      Delete
  6. I never watched a one, just couldn't bring myself to do it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've kind of wanted to watch the first one, but haven't been able to bring myself to do it. I didn't realize there were so many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think they would keep going. Understood #1 as a fluke, but then #2 came along. #3...#4...#5...And big bucks were behind the later shows.

      Delete
  8. Games of thrones making sense? 😊 Sounds as though the heat is getting to you, sorry to hear you are no longer driving x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole!! How exciting to see your name!! No, G of T doesn't make sense, but it is exciting, in a time of another history that relates in ways to ours. Plus, I like the dragons.

      Delete
  9. Dear Susan, this posting just goes to show how out of touch I am with what's going on culturally! Mostly I read and then mostly mysteries and those are what I look at mostly on Netflix. I'm a real fan of the PSB dramas but there's a hiatus now while the station tries to get supporters. One of these days, I'll catch up to 2017! Good luck getting the remote back. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I won't watch these. I won't. Nope. No way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet your students have watched them. And, never say never!

      Delete
  11. So glad to see your name!! We love Midsomer Murders, Foyle's War, Father Brown, and many others.

    I have hidden the remote at times.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Games of Thrones has an enormous following ... alas I have never watched one episode!
    Enjoy ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fascination began after the 5th season. We have 2 seasons on DVD which we watched and then our interest joined the masses.

      Delete
  13. We love Midsomer Murders, Foyle's War, Father Brown, and many others.

    การ์ตูนโป๊, jav

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just can't beat the quality BBC masterpiece theater.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!